Friday, December 07, 2012

Main Bathroom Progress

The bathroom has been moving at a snail's pace.  I'm starting to really hate working alone but it looks like that is not likely to change any time soon.  When I last posted the tub was in place and I was finally ready to start taping the drywall.
I had hoped to finish all the mudding and taping over the weekend but then I was hit with project spiral.  It started with the doorway.  I had to widen the door opening to 36" to get the tub in, then framed it down to 30" for the new 28" door.  So I had to patch around the doorway and fix some damage on the wall.
And since I was already working on the hallway, I might as well fix the other end of the L-shaped hallway.
But it didn't make sense to fix the wall only to tear it apart again when we put in the linen closet.  So I had to figure out exactly where the new linen closet would be and cut out the doorway.
So the drywall ended up taking a lot more time than originally intended.  By Thursday I was finally able to primer the walls and get a real feel for how much more spacious the bathroom and hallways would feel without the smurf blue and barbie pink colors.
 So much better
I'll be painting tonight and tiling this weekend.  Hopefully I will have some finished bathroom photos next week.




No comments: