Monday, April 08, 2013

Work Party Weekend

After months of slow progress on the house we are finally moving at a fast pace.  Demo last weekend accomplished more than I expected so I took some time off this week to wire in the kitchen.  The old kitchen only had a few working outlets and only one of them was a three prong where I could plug in my laptop.  Now I've got so many outlets I won't know what to do.

After the inspection on Friday I insulated the walls for sound control and put up vapor barrier.  On Saturday Luke's brother came from Bozeman and my brother and his girlfriend drove over from Helena to help us hang drywall. Their help really paid off and by the end of the day the house was starting to look livable again.

Living Room and stairs
Living room
Kitchen
 We also tackled the big hole in the living room ceiling.  Luke collapsed the sheetrock while trying to run a wire and we've been living with this patch for 17 months.
  
 The patch is an improvement and by next week you'll never even guess it was there.

The blog will be pretty quiet for a week or so while I work on finishing the drywall.  Once everything is finished we can start on the floors and maybe even have a real kitchen someday.

No comments: