Monday, August 20, 2012

Almost There

When I last posted about the back bedrooms we had hung drywall in the north bedroom

And patched the many, many holes in the south bedroom

After what seemed like an eternity we finally finished taping the sheetrock on Saturday

I get excited when we can finally texture and paint the walls.  It means I don't have to sand any more.  After sanding corners my shoulder sounds like a rock tumbler.
I hate to admit it but we purchased our paint at Walmart.  The nearest Lowes is 65 miles away and the local paint stores are all closed by 6 pm.  I wanted to buy my paint from a store that would still be open if I still needed one gallon after running out at 9 pm (not that I've ever experienced such a thing first hand).  It was a good price and the quality wasn't bad.
The color is "Two Doves" by Colorplace.  It's a grey-green shade that changes a lot depending on the light.  Last night it looked sage green under our incandescent lights but this morning it looks like a pale grey.
Luke ate dinner while waiting for me to finish painting.  The dogs were fascinated by the frozen pizza.

We've also made progress in the back hallway although we won't be able to finish it for a few more months.  Still, we've come a long way since last summer.  
This is the 32" hallway we started with:
 
  Wall moved and widened to 40"
Lights installed and partially finished.  At least we got rid of some of the pink and purple color scheme they used in the hall.


1 comment:

Reuben Collins said...

Great work. You guys are really making progress here. The walls look great.