Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bathroom Before and After

We wrapped up the bathroom over a week ago, but I've been holding off on posting pictures until the new shower curtain arrived.  That's my excuse at least.
Bathroom Before - Large, but the space was poorly utilized.
 Bathroom After - Smaller, but greatly improved
Shower Before - A cracking fiberglass surround with 40 years of hard water buildup.
Shower After - Porcelain tile with a marble, metal and glass mosaic that gleams in the sun.
I had originally planned on cool tones but I love how the warm bronze and champagne liven up the accent tile
Heated tile floor - I loved the tile so much that I've decided to use it in the laundry and basement bathroom as well.
New slim vanity (Don't pay attention to the unfinished door and trim.  We'll be installing our new doors after the hardwood floors are in.)
The sun tunnel makes a huge difference in the room.  Even though it's on the north side of the house it lets in a lot of light.  A week after it's finished I still find myself trying to turn off the bathroom lights only to realize this is natural light.
Now that the bathroom is done Luke and I are focusing on wrapping up some smaller projects in anticipation of gutting the rest of the first floor.  I'll share the chaos in a few weeks.

No comments: