Monday, May 04, 2015

Wrapping Up the Back

Luke had a basketball tournament this weekend so we did not get a lot done on the house.  But he was able to find time to help me get the rest of the sheathing and house wrap up.

I dug out the basement window well that ended up under the addition.  But it was getting late and I didn't want to pour concrete into the opening by myself, so I am using a piece of osb and the boat trailer tire to close off the window. 

I also started painting the garage door.  We bought a used white door that looks okay from a distance, but has a mildly sandblasted look up close.
This is the first step in making the metal garage door look like wood.  This color is a base coat that will eventually be darkened to a mahogany color.  But for now it looks like I'm really bad at choosing a matching color.

No comments: