Skip to main content

It's Looking Better

The blog quality is about to improve.  No, I'm not going to start proofreading my posts, but at least the photos will be getting better.
Luke and I agreed to buy a camera that could take wide angle photos.  We are planning on selling the house ourselves and thought it would be nice to have better pictures.  Then my brother offered us his "old" camera that was too slow for outdoor photography.  Take a look a the difference.
Old Camera- Floors
New Camera - Floors
 Old Camera - Kitchen
 
 New Camera - Kitchen

In addition to having a wide-angle lens the new camera also has twice the resolution and much better optical zoom so I can get pictures of Atlas hamming it up without spooking him by getting too close.
 
I have yet to read the owner's manual and figure out all the settings but I have a lot of lunch breaks to kill over the next few weeks.  Hopefully by the time I start making flyers for the house I'll have this camera figured out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract.
Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Front of House Facelift

It's been over a year since I posted. There are a couple of reasons for that.  1) We can't get internet service to our house. We use our phones as hotspots but loading photos is very slow. 2) Having a small child prevents us from getting much done.
However, I am happy to report that we have actually accomplished something this summer. I've been working hard and I'll post more about our other projects later (maybe much later), but for now I'll share the face lift we gave the prow front of the house.
The siding was in very poor shape from years of sprinkler damage.  We also had a large hole in the wall from where the old air conditioner was installed.  Throw in some drafty old windows and the whole thing needed an overhaul. In process - Replacing the original windows from 1981. We replaced the siding on the lower half of the walls with LP shingles and put new trim around the windows.
After - The new windows, paint, siding and trim give the house an updated look for …

Repainted

It might not feel like we've accomplished all that much since buying the house last summer.  What progress we have been able to make comes during naps and after the kiddo is down for the night.  But despite having to work in nap-sized increments, we have been able to get quite a bit done.  Take for example the house paint.  The siding was rough shape.  A few more years and we would not have been able to salvage it. Before - Rust colored stain needed a fresh coat years ago After-Paint provides much better protection for the brittle pine siding. Before After  Garage Before - Original combed cedar siding was in terrible shape after years of mistreatment. Garage After - It looks better, but the siding needs to be replaced.  The new paint will buy us some time until we're ready to tackle that project. Stable Before - Probably hadn't been painted in 20+ years. Stable After - It took 8 gallons of paint for a 16x30 structure. Someday I might get around to posting a photo tour of …