Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garage Exterior

My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. My house is a dump and my yard is a disaster but we chose to fix the garage instead. And after going to all the trouble of tearing off the flat roof and building a new trussed roof we left it looking like this:
Or even worse, this:
I had originally planned to paint the garage this summer when I paint the house, but after all the work we've done I just can't bear to leave it looking like this.  I wanted to use my airless sprayer but ended up rolling and brushing because of the wind.  (The neighbors across the alley have a lovely brick garage that I did not want to ruin with overspray.)  This is the same color that we painted the last house. I loved the color and got to enjoy it for such a short time in Washington that I thought I would try it again.

You might have noticed that siding is missing on either side of the garage door. I plan to add slate veneer to the front of the house and decided to put a little on the garage to make it match the house.  Also on the to do list: a new garage door.

We're still in progress.  I have to replace the windows, side door and overhead door plus all the interior weather.  But I can't 70 degree weather go to waste.  And the neighbors seem to appreciate the work.  Several came out to cheer me on or thank me during my two days of painting.

2 comments:

{jaclyn} said...

Looks awesome! I so enjoy your updates.

Reuben Collins said...

looks good. Good work.