While sensible people were indoors watching this weekend’s snow and rain through the windows Luke and I were framing the kitchen addition. This required that we rip the rest of the sheathing off the back of the house.
Then it took both of us to sister the floor joists for the cantilever. Once the new floor framing was place and the subfloor glued on we let the dogs test its weight bearing capacity. We spent the rest of the day framing the walls, but did not get any of them set before dark.
Sunday was cold and snowy but Luke got to work on framing the walls while I built trusses.
When we knocked off for the day the house was open to the elements with the roof and wall completely open and uninsulated so Luke and I came home early on Monday to get the roof sheathed and dried in.
We were able to get most of the addition sheathed, but ran short of materials just as it was getting dark last night. Still, we are now mostly ready for some snowy or rainy weather.