Skip to main content

Garage - What A Difference A Roof Makes

Despite the snow, rain and wind of the last few days we've made a lot of progress. Four guys from church came over and helped us put up the header. With all the extra help there was no risk of anyone getting crushed and the header was installed in about five minutes. Our trusses showed up at 4:30 that afternoon but thanks to the extra hour of daylight we were able to get them set before dark.
Tuesday was cool and windy but there were still able to get the sheathing on, cut the rafter tails and get the fascia on.
It was snowing on Wednesday but that didn't stop Luke and my dad from shingling. I was not disappointed to be at work all day.
We're still a long way from finished but it's really amazing what a difference the roof makes. The garage no longer looks old and out-of-place. Just for a little comparison here are some before and in-process photos.
The shingles are Estate Gray by Owens Corning. The house looks hideous by comparison. We'll be replacing its roof before winter rolls around again.

Comments

That roof looks sharp!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.