Skip to main content

Bonus Project - Patio Door

On Monday I posted pictures of our new front door but I didn't mention our unplanned project, the patio door.  Unfortunately since I was not planning to replace the door this weekend I did not take any before pictures.  The best one I could find was an old listing photo.
The old wooden door leaked a ton of cold air and the cat figured out how to open it any time she wanted.  It was always surprising to find the door wide open in the middle of winter but the cat obviously was not concerned about pipes freezing.  Anyway, the boys pulled the old patio door out and installed our "new" door.
We found this fancy Pella door at Lowes as a special order return.  We picked it up for $300, marked down from $1800 and aside from missing a latch keeper it was in perfect condition and the screen door slides like a dream compared to the old one.
The internal blinds are nice for privacy without curtains, but I was really amazed at how much brighter the room is when they are closed it night.
I would love to say that we are going to be working on the windows next, but it's time to get back to work on the garage (at least until it starts raining again).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.