Skip to main content

48 Hours

48 hours ago my laundry room was ugly but functional.

Saturday morning we got up early and hung all the drywall in three hours.

Luke spent the afternoon snowboarding while I taped the corners.  Things went well so I was able to get a second coat on that night and another coat before church on Sunday.  All the heat from the hydronic wall really helped the room dry quickly.  The walls were sanded and textured by Sunday afternoon.
I debated taking the rest of the day off to relax and maybe watch a movie, but I'm not very good at relaxing so I decided to finish the walls instead.  The paint color is Tightrope by Olympic.  The laundry room has no natural lighting so I wanted a color that was light but still was dark enough to really contrast with white trim and cabinets.  
Because of the low ceilings the can light baffles created a spotlight effect over the counters.  At this point I am planning to install the counters and cabinets to see if the reflected light brightens the dark edges of the room.
The washing machine is just to heavy for me to move alone so I won't have any clean laundry until the floor is tiled and Luke is home to help me move it back into place.  Having to wear skirts to work all week will likely keep me very motivated to get this room finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.