Skip to main content

Main Bathroom Progress

The bathroom has been moving at a snail's pace.  I'm starting to really hate working alone but it looks like that is not likely to change any time soon.  When I last posted the tub was in place and I was finally ready to start taping the drywall.
I had hoped to finish all the mudding and taping over the weekend but then I was hit with project spiral.  It started with the doorway.  I had to widen the door opening to 36" to get the tub in, then framed it down to 30" for the new 28" door.  So I had to patch around the doorway and fix some damage on the wall.
And since I was already working on the hallway, I might as well fix the other end of the L-shaped hallway.
But it didn't make sense to fix the wall only to tear it apart again when we put in the linen closet.  So I had to figure out exactly where the new linen closet would be and cut out the doorway.
So the drywall ended up taking a lot more time than originally intended.  By Thursday I was finally able to primer the walls and get a real feel for how much more spacious the bathroom and hallways would feel without the smurf blue and barbie pink colors.
 So much better
I'll be painting tonight and tiling this weekend.  Hopefully I will have some finished bathroom photos next week.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.