Skip to main content

Main Bathroom Before and After

Last year my version of improving the bathroom was to go from this
 To this:
It was July of 2011, five weeks before we would move into our "new" home and I was happy with a new toilet and floor, as long as the bathroom was functional.  Now it's December of 2012 and function is no longer the goal.  Instead I want a nice bathroom that won't have people opting to use our back yard instead.  And after a month of working on the bathroom I think we've reached that point.  I love looking at before and after photos because it reminds me of just how far we have come:
Before
 After
Before:  We had five layers of flooring with mold growing between each layer and a massive hump in the floor.
After: A floor I'm not afraid to walk on barefoot

Before: The old vanity was covering in mold, dead mice and candle wax.  I won't even talk about that toilet.
 After:New vanity picked up at a yard sale

I was thrilled to realize that the paint color I used in the back bedrooms also worked in the bathroom.   Now that the bathroom is done I will be starting my next project.  I'll be posting pictures in the next few days.



Comments

Unknown said…
Oh god, I need to go barf after seeing those before pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.