Skip to main content

Changing Up The Framing

We wrapped up the garage last week and can't do anything with the lawn while the grass seed is getting started, so last weekend we were ready to start a new project: the back bedrooms.  We have two bedrooms that were added during an addition in the late 70's or early 80's.
The pee room

And the disco room.

Obviously both rooms needed some attention.  We need to replace the windows and floors but we really want to make these two bedrooms seem like they are part of the original house.  We already started this process by enlarging the back hallway from 32" to 40"

And framing a new master bathroom in part of the disco room.
But we still have more work to do. We removed the closet framing so the bedrooms were just one long room (9'6" x 33')
Looking North

Looking South

And then framed in the new closets a few feet south of their old location
Looking North

Looking South

Since finishing the framing we've been working late every night getting the electrical run and some sheetrock hung.  Despite the fact that we only really have one functional bedroom and one bathroom Luke invited ten members of his family to stay at our house this weekend so we are frantically trying to get the bedrooms usable.  I'll try to get progress pictures up soon but don't hold your breath.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.