Skip to main content

Bathroom Before and After

We wrapped up the bathroom over a week ago, but I've been holding off on posting pictures until the new shower curtain arrived.  That's my excuse at least.
Bathroom Before - Large, but the space was poorly utilized.
 Bathroom After - Smaller, but greatly improved
Shower Before - A cracking fiberglass surround with 40 years of hard water buildup.
Shower After - Porcelain tile with a marble, metal and glass mosaic that gleams in the sun.
I had originally planned on cool tones but I love how the warm bronze and champagne liven up the accent tile
Heated tile floor - I loved the tile so much that I've decided to use it in the laundry and basement bathroom as well.
New slim vanity (Don't pay attention to the unfinished door and trim.  We'll be installing our new doors after the hardwood floors are in.)
The sun tunnel makes a huge difference in the room.  Even though it's on the north side of the house it lets in a lot of light.  A week after it's finished I still find myself trying to turn off the bathroom lights only to realize this is natural light.
Now that the bathroom is done Luke and I are focusing on wrapping up some smaller projects in anticipation of gutting the rest of the first floor.  I'll share the chaos in a few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.