Skip to main content

The (Almost) Finished Garage

I'm finally ready to post some before and after pictures of the garage even though it isn't quite done.  We finished with the structural and cosmetic work, but we still don't have our workbench or storage cabinets because they are currently installed in the kitchen.  We will be gutting the kitchen in a few months and then I can finally have my garage cabinets.  But even without the additional storage the garage is looking better and is more functional than it has ever been.  Just a reminder of what we had when we closed on the house a year ago:
 And what it's looking like now
The back has gone from this:
To This: 

The weather-beaten west side
 Looks more like a guest house than a garage
 And on the inside it's gone from this mess:
To a fully finished interior:
The color scheme isn't what I had envisioned.  We grabbed off-white paint by mistake and the green accent color was a $5 mistint from Lowes.  So the color scheme is a little more English cottage than masculine garage but I'm sick of painting so we'll stick with it.

The future work bench and cabinets will next to the wire shelving where we are currently storing windows.  Right now the work bench and cabinets are installed in the kitchen so we'll have to wait a few more months before they can move to the garage.
  The goal is to keep the left side of the garage clear so we can park the highlander during the winter and use the right side of the garage as our shop.  We'll see if it actually works out that way. 

Comments

Sharon Kwilter said…
Nice! We just made the same transformation. Enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.