Skip to main content

Garage Exterior

My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. My house is a dump and my yard is a disaster but we chose to fix the garage instead. And after going to all the trouble of tearing off the flat roof and building a new trussed roof we left it looking like this:
Or even worse, this:
I had originally planned to paint the garage this summer when I paint the house, but after all the work we've done I just can't bear to leave it looking like this.  I wanted to use my airless sprayer but ended up rolling and brushing because of the wind.  (The neighbors across the alley have a lovely brick garage that I did not want to ruin with overspray.)  This is the same color that we painted the last house. I loved the color and got to enjoy it for such a short time in Washington that I thought I would try it again.

You might have noticed that siding is missing on either side of the garage door. I plan to add slate veneer to the front of the house and decided to put a little on the garage to make it match the house.  Also on the to do list: a new garage door.

We're still in progress.  I have to replace the windows, side door and overhead door plus all the interior weather.  But I can't 70 degree weather go to waste.  And the neighbors seem to appreciate the work.  Several came out to cheer me on or thank me during my two days of painting.

Comments

{jaclyn} said…
Looks awesome! I so enjoy your updates.
Unknown said…
looks good. Good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.