Skip to main content

We Finally Start A Fun Project

After spending the last five months working on plumbing, heat, electrical and insulation I am thrilled to be starting on our basement bathroom. It's not that there's anything wrong with our main bathroom...
Okay, there are many of things wrong with our main bathroom but we've been living with them for the past five months and can survive a while longer. But we can't finish the basement until we replace the drain lines. And we can't cut out the drain lines until we have another working bathroom. Up until now we have made very little bathroom progress. We started with this disgusting old bathroom in the basement
Demoed it
And framed in a new bathroom and laundry room.
We replaced the ancient tip-out window with a glass block window. Since the window looks onto the patio we thought at little privacy might be appreciated.Although the new bathroom is larger than the old one, it's still small, roughly 4'x9'. That's a tight space to fit a sink, toilet and shower into.The shower will be narrower than the rest of the bathroom to accommodate drain pipes and the vent for the dryer. The new shower is in a slightly different location than the old one which means the shower pan does not fit the space any longer.The first big step will be pouring the new shower pan. Then we can finish framing and get the new plumbing lines run. We both have a three day weekend coming up. I'll be posting as we make progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.