Skip to main content

Foyer Finished

 I picked up some slate tiles at a moving sale last summer and have been saving them for this project. Because the foyer is small I opted for a simple subway pattern. My space was 5'4" wide and this layout allowed me to avoid having thin slivers of tile on either side.  The final touches included replacing the foyer door and installing trim. When all was finished we went from this
to this
We only added 8 sq ft but it makes a huge difference, especially when wrestling a sleeper sofa in from its exile to the carport.
Now that winter is over we finally have a place to for our coats and boots; better late than never.
We're in the very final stages of finishing the living room, dining room and kitchen. I mean we're actually to the touching up paint stage. Our biggest holdup is waiting for a mounting bracket for the microwave. Finished photos coming soon.

Comments

RenovationGuy said…
Your foyer looks great. I like how it really opens up the room and entry way. The contractor we hired through eContractorBids.com is going to be doing something similar in our home as well. Let's hope it turns out as nice as your did. Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New House - It Might Just Be Home

I recently announced that we had sold our home in Helena and will be moving to my hometown in July.  We did some house-hunting over Easter weekend and I'm please to report success.  We are in the process of buying our latest home: I know you can't see it well behind the trees.  I'm so excited to have actual trees on the property.  The house itself is nestled against the base of a hill which will block our views of the sunset but the east-facing front porch should offer some wonderful sunrises.  And here's a sneak peek of our view. I won't be posting any more photos until we've actually closed on the house.  Closing is still two months away and a lot could change before then.  Still, I look forward to sharing our latest project.

Sold

We sold our house last week.  This may come as a surprise since the house wasn't even for sale. We weren't planning to move.  Everything in the house was designed with the idea that we would be living here for years.  But sometimes God makes it abundantly clear that He has other plans.  In the course of just a few days Luke was offered a chance to move to his company branch in my hometown and we met a family looking for a house in our neighborhood.  And now our house is under contract. Closing is scheduled for mid-July so I will have a little time to recover from having the baby, but until she arrives I've been packing up all our non-essentials.  We have already started looking for our next home; maybe it will be a home we get to enjoy for decades.  We'll just have to wait and see.

_________ & After Pictures

I might be homeless, but that doesn't stop me from remodeling. This week I am giving my parents a reprieve from the mess of remodeling and am working for my grandparents in Missoula. They have spoiled me rotten just because I'm the only granddaughter, so it has been really gratifying to be able to do something for them. My grandparents were having a problem with water from the sink and grease from the oven getting on the walls. Tile solved those problems while dressing up the walls. We found some we liked at Lowe's yesterday and by this afternoon it was installed and grouted. I am kicking myself for not taking any before pictures of what I have been doing the past two days. Here is a picture of the kitchen taken about a year ago. Notice the wall behind my cousin. I really like how this turned out. I might just have to use tile like this in my next house.