Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Slate Veneer Finished

Time for a confession...this project has been finished for two weeks.  I took photos but it was too late in the day and they turned out very dark.  I took more pictures after work yesterday, but they turned out even worse so I'm back to the original too-dark photos.

Anyway, I did finish the veneer.  It took 55(ish) hours to install approximately 150 sq ft of veneer and cost about $300 in materials.  Since it would have cost $150 to put on the regular lap siding the upgrade only cost $150.  Although I have a lot of time invested in this project the results are worth it.  Like the new siding, it helps to really make the new garage look like it is part of the original house.  Plus the stone dresses up the entire facade.

When we bought the house...
 Just a few weeks ago...
And now
You can see the color of the slate a little better in this shot.

We're not quite done yet.  I have to finish the front porch, texture the foundation and eventually do something about the landscaping.  But the bulk of the work out front is done.


1 comment:

Julie said...

looks good!!