Saturday, June 28, 2014

Well, That Changes Plans

It looks like my plans for the summer have changed
Instead of building a garage and putting new siding and windows on the house, I will be spending the next three months on crutches.  Which means Luke is going to be stuck doing all the work to get the garage dried in by himself.  I can't express how wonderful he has been through this whole ordeal but here are a few of the highlights:
  • He sets his alarm to wake me up during the night when it's time for pain pills
  • He rearranged the furniture in our room so I could get around easier and moved into the guest room so I could sleep more comfortably
  • He will not let me go down the basement stairs and has been doing all the laundry himself
  • Despite being exhausted by caring for me and working full time time he has never complained.  I know I was not so gracious when he had his ankle surgery four years ago.
So Luke will be busy the summer with garage construction, but despite my non-weight-bearing ankle I've decided not to let the summer be a complete waste.  I'm going to figure out how to cook and clean the house despite the cast.  If I can't work on the garage I should at least be able to take some other burdens off of Luke.
I have a lot of time on my hands. My brain needs a distraction or I'll go crazy thinking about all the things I need to do on the house.  So I signed up for an epidemiology course (online) and ordered a french language software program.  I haven't made much progress on my french yet, but who knows where I might be in three month.  


No comments: